They are so in love.
The story of their lives, I tell you.
Love.
Love and love alone.
They begin as strangers as any two people do. and then they meet. face to face, eye to eye; in the seventh grade. They talk... become friends, perhaps. But as everyone knows, boys still have cooties.
and then comes highschool: freshman, sophomore, junior, senior. and still nothing.
Within no time, there is the fear and excitement of college. She in Boston and he in Maryland. So much distance. But still, it is common knowledge that Thanksgiving is when things happen, right? :-/ (or something like that)
And THAT is when it all began.
phonecalls. Every Saturday night.
letters. Constantly, staying informed.
Sophomore year of college; she's sitting on her floor talking to him on the phone. A feeling washes over her... safety, truth, reality... everything. He's the one. She finally knew it.
He knew it all along, he says. but then again, he also claims to never be cold... and by definition of humans, that is impossible.
Junior year of college; the snow brings eternal love, maybe? Christmas vacation he proposes. Seeing as she has known for a year, she accepts with huge smiles.
A year later it is a done deal. Two weeks after their college graduation and one week after they bought their first apartment. He 21, she 21.
It was the beginning of the rest of their lives, some may say. And they could not be more right. "for richer or poorer, in sickness and in health, till death do us part." (or 'for as long as we both shall live')
It's been 19+ years. And those vows could not be kept better. By anyone.
They are truly amazing. indescribable. and most definitely irreplaceable.
I love knowing your story. And I love being loved by you both.
and I love you.
*They are the most honest people I will ever come to know.*
The story of their lives, I tell you.
Love.
Love and love alone.
They begin as strangers as any two people do. and then they meet. face to face, eye to eye; in the seventh grade. They talk... become friends, perhaps. But as everyone knows, boys still have cooties.
and then comes highschool: freshman, sophomore, junior, senior. and still nothing.
Within no time, there is the fear and excitement of college. She in Boston and he in Maryland. So much distance. But still, it is common knowledge that Thanksgiving is when things happen, right? :-/ (or something like that)
And THAT is when it all began.
phonecalls. Every Saturday night.
letters. Constantly, staying informed.
Sophomore year of college; she's sitting on her floor talking to him on the phone. A feeling washes over her... safety, truth, reality... everything. He's the one. She finally knew it.
He knew it all along, he says. but then again, he also claims to never be cold... and by definition of humans, that is impossible.
Junior year of college; the snow brings eternal love, maybe? Christmas vacation he proposes. Seeing as she has known for a year, she accepts with huge smiles.
A year later it is a done deal. Two weeks after their college graduation and one week after they bought their first apartment. He 21, she 21.
It was the beginning of the rest of their lives, some may say. And they could not be more right. "for richer or poorer, in sickness and in health, till death do us part." (or 'for as long as we both shall live')
It's been 19+ years. And those vows could not be kept better. By anyone.
They are truly amazing. indescribable. and most definitely irreplaceable.
I love knowing your story. And I love being loved by you both.
and I love you.
*They are the most honest people I will ever come to know.*

7 Comments:
darling, this is cassina! that story gave me chills, i hope...i dream that i can find a love like that, that i can just know. any ways, it brightened up my evening. xoxo. ciao!
First comment, the inability to ever get cold is an amphibian thing..
Second comment, here's four keys for successful long term love..
1. Communicate openly, often and always.
2. Love unconditionally without judgement or fear.
3. Compromise.
4. Become each other's best friend.
These may seem overly simple (and they are) but great and wonderful things take work and patience. Achieving and sustaining #4 requires commitment to the first three.
It's ultimately about the joy of the journey. My advice is....Hold the hand of someone who is going to enjoy it as much as you.
Yup, Heath, I picked a good one! Everything he said is so true. A lasting relationship is all about open communication, compromise (remember that one) and forgiveness. I can't imagine life with anyone but Dad by my side. He's right - it's all about the journey. And if you're lucky enough to bring 3 beautiful girls into the world, it's all the better.
I love him... and I love you more than you will ever know! Mom
Yup, Heath, I picked a good one! A lasting relationship needs open communication, compromise (remember that one) and forgiveness. I can't imagine going through life with anyone but Dad by my side. He's right - it's all about the journey. And we were lucky enough to bring three beautiful girls into this world which has made our journey together all the better. We are so blessed.
I love him... and I love you more than you will ever know. Mom
(I posted this once but I don't think it worked ... so if this is a repeat, sorry!)
i love it. i love your family. i love you! :-)
we're lucky baby.
real lucky...
to have them.
Heath...I almost cried. Awesome.
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home