Love.
Love?
People fall so in love and then so out of love so quickly that it really has me screwed up lately.
What the hell is love? I'm pretty sure I don't really know anymore. Sure, I thought I was in love, but pretty much everyone I know that's around my age has "thought that they were in love." And then all the sudden, someone else comes along and they are even more in love with that person than they were the person before.
So... if there is always one specific person lingering in the back of your mind, is that love? Is that the one that you should choose to be with?
I sure hope not.
People say that you just know, but what if you never just know?
I'm not saying that I never will, all I'm saying is that I'm sick of wondering.
I'm just pretty damn confused lately.
I'm 17... love should NOT be an issue right now.
...and it's not... because I'm not going to let it be.
And I'm pretty sure I won't change my mind when I'm 18 either.
Love?
People fall so in love and then so out of love so quickly that it really has me screwed up lately.
What the hell is love? I'm pretty sure I don't really know anymore. Sure, I thought I was in love, but pretty much everyone I know that's around my age has "thought that they were in love." And then all the sudden, someone else comes along and they are even more in love with that person than they were the person before.
So... if there is always one specific person lingering in the back of your mind, is that love? Is that the one that you should choose to be with?
I sure hope not.
People say that you just know, but what if you never just know?
I'm not saying that I never will, all I'm saying is that I'm sick of wondering.
I'm just pretty damn confused lately.
I'm 17... love should NOT be an issue right now.
...and it's not... because I'm not going to let it be.
And I'm pretty sure I won't change my mind when I'm 18 either.

3 Comments:
WOW. way to voice my thoughts exactly.
ditto....crazy
sameheart
I'm 21 now, but four years ago I had these exact same feelings. Love is such an abstract concept, and there are different levels and types of love. I think it's something you figure out as you go along.
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home