Monday, January 28, 2008

Maybe this is the only way. I have to keep telling myself that, because if I don't then I might end up walking around dragging my feet all the time due to a lack of energy to pick them up.
Maybe there really is a good reason for this.
I've been lying to myself for a while, saying that I don't care anymore and you're not on my mind. But you are.
I will stop dreaming about you tonight.

Maybe this is the only way.
Maybe she needs you.

But really, you can't expect me to just accept it and be okay with it. It makes me mad. Very mad. It makes me want to sit there and cry because that's what I do when I'm mad. It makes me want to ask you too many questions and take back that stupid letter I wrote you. Don't read the bottom right hand corner because I don't think you're great. It makes me want to take back everything nice I ever said to you... really. I don't know if I ever really loved you.

I think you lied, and maybe cheated. I think that you weren't strong enough to keep saying no to her. I think you fell into her trap because she "just can't make it without you."
I don't know everything about what went on? Who gives a shit about that? I know what you told me, which is really all I have to go off right now. What the hell do you expect me to think?
"No, she's crazy." "Seriously... I hate her." "We'll NEVER get back together." "She just does this shit because she's one of the only people who knows how to make me mad."
...lies.
I don't care if you had no idea it was going to happen. You gave in. You're weak.

And I'm not. I'm stronger than you now because I am going to be happy. And as much as it crushes me right now, I am going to let you go from my life in all areas except the memories. I'm sorry if that's not what you wanted, but I warned you.
Honestly, this is probably for the better... I think you were just holding me back anyway.

I'll remember you though. I had fun. You weren't a waste of my time. But now you are and I just don't have that time to waste.

I hope you're happy. And I hope she treats you right.
I hope that everything you told me was a lie... for your sake. Because even with all the horrible thoughts I am having, I can say that you deserve better than what you made her out to be.

Stay safe, boy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home