I wrote this a month ago, but I feel like now would be a good time to post it.
I hate stress and worrying about the future. I don't want to realize everything that I know I'm going to have to admit soon. It just scares me, that's all. I'm not running from the truth; I'm just not ready to meet reality face to face. Ignorance is bliss. Well yes, but I'm not ignorant. I understand everything-- I know what we're all going to have to deal with. I've seen it happen before. I know that everything won't stay this perfect forever. Time is inevitable; I do understand that. With time comes change, I know. But why worry right now? Why be so anxious about what's going to happen that there is no time to just enjoy everything we've got right now.
We've got a lot.
Thinking about how much there is to do-- deciding on the rest of my life--
I hate stress and worrying about the future. I don't want to realize everything that I know I'm going to have to admit soon. It just scares me, that's all. I'm not running from the truth; I'm just not ready to meet reality face to face. Ignorance is bliss. Well yes, but I'm not ignorant. I understand everything-- I know what we're all going to have to deal with. I've seen it happen before. I know that everything won't stay this perfect forever. Time is inevitable; I do understand that. With time comes change, I know. But why worry right now? Why be so anxious about what's going to happen that there is no time to just enjoy everything we've got right now.
We've got a lot.
Thinking about how much there is to do-- deciding on the rest of my life--
thinking about the goodbyes...
It. kills. me.
Call me a dreamer, but I'm not ready to deal with that yet.
I just hate stress and worrying about the future.
But I like pretty lights, and boys in SUVs.
Late night walks and blurry pictures.
Elegant little shops with everything... handmade and mass-produced.
Quaint coffee shops perfect for a little morning snack.
...and bitter cold. Water and bridges lit with the spirit of Christmas.
And all of this accompanied by comfort that is hard to come by.
So now-- one month later... I'm so glad you're back. ((even if it was only a week.))
Welcome home, prettygirl.
Call me a dreamer, but I'm not ready to deal with that yet.
I just hate stress and worrying about the future.
But I like pretty lights, and boys in SUVs.
Late night walks and blurry pictures.
Elegant little shops with everything... handmade and mass-produced.
Quaint coffee shops perfect for a little morning snack.
...and bitter cold. Water and bridges lit with the spirit of Christmas.
And all of this accompanied by comfort that is hard to come by.
So now-- one month later... I'm so glad you're back. ((even if it was only a week.))
Welcome home, prettygirl.

3 Comments:
boys in SUVs?
gross...
i dont think i wanna even think about the future. i dont wanna think about thinking about it. i mean, im looking forward to life...the city, the new experiences...all that jazz...but i really dont wanna leave what i have now. so my plan is your plan.
lets enjoy now. :)
i agree watka...on certain subjects, ignorace truly is bliss...
miss you and love you.
p.s. - nihdsn. lammmmmeeee.
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home