He got out of the car... said goodbye to everyone, and was gone.
"Great," I thought, "Its just me and them for the next three and a half hours. They are already fighting! Oh, this is just wonderful."
We got back to the house and after about 15 minutes the phone rang.
It was him.
Thank God.
"My mom wanted me to call you," he said, "She told me that she didn't want you over there by yourself. Do you just want to come over here and hang out with us?"
*More than anything.*
After much confusion, we finally got to the other house.
aahh... sweet relief.
I was greeted with a hug, and she told them to go downstairs while she talked to me.
She sat me down in the den and just looked at me.
"What do you think you're doing?!" she finally said.
"What?" I asked.
"You can't be with them by yourself. He walked in alone, and I asked him where you were. I thought you were coming over here."
"Well, I wanted to," I began, "but I didn't know what to do. I couldn't have just gone with him."
"Yes, you could have!" She almost looked surprised that she even had to say that. "You are always welcome here. I don't care if either of them are here or not. You know, I was going to come pick you up tonight, Heather. This is your other home; this is your room; this is your bed. If you ever need anything; a ride, a place to stay, anything. You come here. I don't care where you are. If you feel uncomfortable, if you don't want your parents to know about something, if you need to get away, I will come get you. You should know that. You're my Heather."
**Woah.**
...I was not expecting any of that. Here I was, wondering if she even liked me!
I was shocked. I really didn't know what to say.
So I gave her a hug. Told her that I loved her. And thanked her for rescuing me.
I talked to her for almost an hour that night. We talked about so much. She told me so much, and I just sat there listening; taking it all in. It was awesome.
Someone walked in while she was talking, and she told them to leave.
She really wanted to talk to me.
It was a good night.
"This is your other home."
"Great," I thought, "Its just me and them for the next three and a half hours. They are already fighting! Oh, this is just wonderful."
We got back to the house and after about 15 minutes the phone rang.
It was him.
Thank God.
"My mom wanted me to call you," he said, "She told me that she didn't want you over there by yourself. Do you just want to come over here and hang out with us?"
*More than anything.*
After much confusion, we finally got to the other house.
aahh... sweet relief.
I was greeted with a hug, and she told them to go downstairs while she talked to me.
She sat me down in the den and just looked at me.
"What do you think you're doing?!" she finally said.
"What?" I asked.
"You can't be with them by yourself. He walked in alone, and I asked him where you were. I thought you were coming over here."
"Well, I wanted to," I began, "but I didn't know what to do. I couldn't have just gone with him."
"Yes, you could have!" She almost looked surprised that she even had to say that. "You are always welcome here. I don't care if either of them are here or not. You know, I was going to come pick you up tonight, Heather. This is your other home; this is your room; this is your bed. If you ever need anything; a ride, a place to stay, anything. You come here. I don't care where you are. If you feel uncomfortable, if you don't want your parents to know about something, if you need to get away, I will come get you. You should know that. You're my Heather."
**Woah.**
...I was not expecting any of that. Here I was, wondering if she even liked me!
I was shocked. I really didn't know what to say.
So I gave her a hug. Told her that I loved her. And thanked her for rescuing me.
I talked to her for almost an hour that night. We talked about so much. She told me so much, and I just sat there listening; taking it all in. It was awesome.
Someone walked in while she was talking, and she told them to leave.
She really wanted to talk to me.
It was a good night.
"This is your other home."

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home