Sunday, March 22, 2009

I've been thinking about something for a few days. Well, I've been thinking about a lot of things for the past few days but for some reason this thought keeps coming back.

I hate missing people, but I've been missing people for my entire life. For some reason though, I've been thinking about it in a different way lately.

When it comes to missing people, or being apart from someone, I would like to think about it in time rather than distance. Let me explain...
When you can't see someone that you care about, no matter how far you are away from them, you will eventually start to miss them. It doesn't make it any easier for them to be close to you if you still can't see them.
It doesn't hurt any less if they are only 50 miles away, rather than 500.
So, rather than thinking in distance, I am going to start thinking in time.

As soon as you got off the train, I missed you. I knew that you were only about 15 steps away, but you had left and I wasn't going to see you again for about two and a half months.
So, now I miss you because we are two months away from each other.
I miss my parents, but I know that they are only three days away from me.
It makes so much more sense. In situations like this, distance only matters for planning.
It's time that counts. Time that makes you miss people. Not distance.

I miss you because you are two months away from me. And in two months, I won't miss you anymore because we will be together. And after that, we will take it one day at a time until I see you again.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home