So... here's the deal...
I don't want to graduate with you even a little bit. But I have come to the final conclusion that I am going to. Let me explain...
Rumor has it that you do coke. That's not really my thing. Not only that, but not-so-rumor has it that you drink in the barracks. Not only do you drink in the barracks, but you steal the alcohol from the exchange and then you drink it in the barracks AND in class. Really? That's the stupidest thing I've ever heard in my whole life. I am embarrassed for you.
I don't want to be associated with people like you. BUT, I understand that its not all of you. And hopefully, the select few that it is will be gone before I get back.
I just can't fathom how you could need something that badly.
I tell my swabs everyday how lucky they are to be here and how proud they should be of themselves for doing what they're doing. I have a feeling that your cadre told you the same thing. Maybe they didn't, and if that's the case, then shame on them. This is an incredible institution. I don't care what anyone says. Everywhere is going to have its ups and downs, but here you have the most spectacular people to ride the roller coaster with. People that have your back no matter what. People that will support you 100%, all the time. People that would do anything for you and anything with you ((except maybe blow a line)). People that are always thinking about what is best for you. These people are magnificent. I can't say that enough.
Not only that, but by graduating from here, you join an even bigger and more wonderful family. After that, there are THOUSANDS of people who would do anything for you... just because of the uniform you wear. Just because they know that they have a connection with you, even if you have never spoken to them before.
Why would you give that up for a quick high?
but that is only the select few. I have confidence that I will find people who I do want to graduate with. And in the off chance that that does not happen, I know that I have two of the best classes above and below me. I know that I can count on them for support and encouragement through the hard times. And I know that they are smart. I know that they make good decisions. and that is reason enough for me to continue with my plans.
Because I am doing something incredible. I am doing something that people will remember for their whole lives. You can't stop that. You almost did. Because I do not want to graduate with you. But hopefully I won't have to.
Because you don't deserve to be here tomorrow... much less in three years from now.
I don't want to graduate with you even a little bit. But I have come to the final conclusion that I am going to. Let me explain...
Rumor has it that you do coke. That's not really my thing. Not only that, but not-so-rumor has it that you drink in the barracks. Not only do you drink in the barracks, but you steal the alcohol from the exchange and then you drink it in the barracks AND in class. Really? That's the stupidest thing I've ever heard in my whole life. I am embarrassed for you.
I don't want to be associated with people like you. BUT, I understand that its not all of you. And hopefully, the select few that it is will be gone before I get back.
I just can't fathom how you could need something that badly.
I tell my swabs everyday how lucky they are to be here and how proud they should be of themselves for doing what they're doing. I have a feeling that your cadre told you the same thing. Maybe they didn't, and if that's the case, then shame on them. This is an incredible institution. I don't care what anyone says. Everywhere is going to have its ups and downs, but here you have the most spectacular people to ride the roller coaster with. People that have your back no matter what. People that will support you 100%, all the time. People that would do anything for you and anything with you ((except maybe blow a line)). People that are always thinking about what is best for you. These people are magnificent. I can't say that enough.
Not only that, but by graduating from here, you join an even bigger and more wonderful family. After that, there are THOUSANDS of people who would do anything for you... just because of the uniform you wear. Just because they know that they have a connection with you, even if you have never spoken to them before.
Why would you give that up for a quick high?
but that is only the select few. I have confidence that I will find people who I do want to graduate with. And in the off chance that that does not happen, I know that I have two of the best classes above and below me. I know that I can count on them for support and encouragement through the hard times. And I know that they are smart. I know that they make good decisions. and that is reason enough for me to continue with my plans.
Because I am doing something incredible. I am doing something that people will remember for their whole lives. You can't stop that. You almost did. Because I do not want to graduate with you. But hopefully I won't have to.
Because you don't deserve to be here tomorrow... much less in three years from now.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home