I'm not sleeping because I can't. But I can't because I don't want to. Does that make sense?
Sleeping is wasted time. It is time that makes Thursday come faster.
I don't want Thursday to come faster because a part of me doesn't want it to come at all.
I don't think it has hit me yet. My room is half packed and my check-out sheet is half checked.
Somehow though, reality has not set in and I sit here with the door open and the lamp on pretending that in three nights from now, I will not be sitting at home.
There won't be week long periods where I will not see the people that I have grown up with in the last two years. I won't miss any parties or conversations. I won't miss out on any inside jokes or funny things. Like when Paul fell off the Colgate ((and the pier)) or when Hillary peed on the limo.
I won't be left out or forgotten about.
...because that would be sad.
And right now, I don't want to be sad. I just want to sit here with the door open and the lamp on, pretending that change is not right around the corner evesdropping on my solemn thoughts.
Sleeping is wasted time. It is time that makes Thursday come faster.
I don't want Thursday to come faster because a part of me doesn't want it to come at all.
I don't think it has hit me yet. My room is half packed and my check-out sheet is half checked.
Somehow though, reality has not set in and I sit here with the door open and the lamp on pretending that in three nights from now, I will not be sitting at home.
There won't be week long periods where I will not see the people that I have grown up with in the last two years. I won't miss any parties or conversations. I won't miss out on any inside jokes or funny things. Like when Paul fell off the Colgate ((and the pier)) or when Hillary peed on the limo.
I won't be left out or forgotten about.
...because that would be sad.
And right now, I don't want to be sad. I just want to sit here with the door open and the lamp on, pretending that change is not right around the corner evesdropping on my solemn thoughts.

1 Comments:
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home