Sunday, June 20, 2010

Hey, what have you been thinking about lately?

Lots of things.
I've been thinking about school and wondering how going back can seem so exciting one day and so completely dreadful the next.
Kathy and I talked for a long time today about how proud she is of me for really defining myself and knowing who I am. She said that she is constantly impressed by how I live my life how I want and I don't let anyone's skepticism or negativity alter my decisions. She said she can tell that I know myself so well and it is so amazing for her to be able to watch all of the great things I have done despite the concern and criticism from some of the most important people in my life. That makes me feel great because for a long time I didn't know who I was or where I belonged. Now I know. I am confident in the life and the friends that I have chosen for myself.
I've been thinking about how much I love taking care of three beautiful 19 month olds who absolutely adore me.
CrossFit is on my mind probably more than anything else these days. I can't wait to work full time coaching at a CrossFit... and maybe (hopefully!) open my own one day!
I think about Cooper a lot, mostly at night, and I miss him like crazy.
I wonder where my life will take me. Will I love the Coast Guard and stay in for longer than my obligated 5 years? Or will I get out after 5 and open my own gym like I want to right now? Where will that be? The options are endless which is the coolest thing ever.
I know that I have the potential to go to the Games someday and I can not wait until I have the time to really focus my energy on that and make my dream a reality.
I think about South Africa a lot. I wonder how Nondumiso is and I wish that she was sleeping in the twin bed across the hall from me. Their country is bustling with foreigners, many who probably have a LOT of money, and I bet their life is completely untouched and unchanged by the World Cup fever.
I can't wait to start a family. I know that I'm still young, but I also know that I could do it. That thought makes me wonder when I will meet my one and only, and if we've already met, when we will realize that we are meant to be together forever.
I think my body is finally starting to listen to my mind... two months later than expected, but that's okay. I am starting to feel good again. That's important.
I really want to start a CrossFit club at school. I want support and not too much resistance because I know that this is what I love to do. I want to spread it to as many people as I can.
I have goals. I know that I can reach them. By July 26th I will squat 200+ pounds, I will press 100+ pounds, I will be able to max PFE push ups and sit ups, and I WILL do a muscle up.
Practice makes perfect.

Life throws you curve balls sometimes, but you have to remember to keep your head in the game and come out swinging all the time.
Things are okay right now. Things will continue to be okay no matter how many curve balls I encounter... because I said so.

And my life is up to me.

1 Comments:

Blogger christina said...

you got it, baby. that just put a big ol smile on my face that looks like your face.

5:06 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home