We just drove.
Drove around campus and checked everything out.
All I could think was that this is where you're going to spend the next 4 years of your life.
I made sure to pay attention to my surroundings and how to get there on the way down, because I know that soon that trip will be all too familiar to me.
I had a lump in my throat as we drove back to the hotel.
I kept my eyes closed and my music loud to keep myself from crying.
I don't really know why either.
I think it's because I knew that in only six months, we would be making this exact same trip... only for a different reason.
That thought still kills me. I may not show it as much anymore, but the fact remains...
I don't want you to go.
So, I guess that's that.
Not the greatest weekend, but perhaps it will make it easier in the long run.
I sure hope so.
Because I'm not ready yet.
I know I'm not.
*I just don't want you to go.*
Drove around campus and checked everything out.
All I could think was that this is where you're going to spend the next 4 years of your life.
I made sure to pay attention to my surroundings and how to get there on the way down, because I know that soon that trip will be all too familiar to me.
I had a lump in my throat as we drove back to the hotel.
I kept my eyes closed and my music loud to keep myself from crying.
I don't really know why either.
I think it's because I knew that in only six months, we would be making this exact same trip... only for a different reason.
That thought still kills me. I may not show it as much anymore, but the fact remains...
I don't want you to go.
So, I guess that's that.
Not the greatest weekend, but perhaps it will make it easier in the long run.
I sure hope so.
Because I'm not ready yet.
I know I'm not.
*I just don't want you to go.*

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home